Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Good Resource and a Gift Idea

I've come across two very different things that I believe would be helpful for some of you who come to the blog from time to time.

First of all, let me suggest an excellent blog post by Kevin DeYoung at The Gospel Coalition site on A Few Things To Consider Before Supporting Gay Marriage.  It is an excellent defense of the idea that government did not create marriage, but regulates and favors it for reasons that are beneficial to society.  It puts the debate on the right terms.  If you have friends who think that this is "no big deal," this article has some arguments that might help them reconsider.

And, for those looking for an excellent gift idea for parents with younger children, may I suggest Thoughts To Make Your Heart Sing, by Sally Lloyd-Jones?  This is the same author who wrote The Jesus Storybook Bible, the children's Bible story book I recommend and bought for my grandson.  This is a devotional geared toward kids, and a good tool for leading into spiritual discussions in a natural way.  I have included it in the recommendations of books in the right column--you can go to Amazon.com directly from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment