Monday, February 4, 2013

Follow Up to the "Nine Reasons" Message

Thanks for all the encouragements I received following Sunday's rather different (for me) message on "Nine Reasons Why Answers are Hard to Find and Harder to Share."

In my introduction, I referenced Gabe Lyons and David Kinnaman's book unChristian: What a New Generation Thinks About Christianity...And Why It Matters.  It was a powerful and disturbing survey of the attitudes people have toward the Evangelical Church generally.  If you click on the title above, or use the Amazon widget to the right,  you can find out how to purchase it.

In my last point, I referenced a book by a friend of mine, Larry Osborne, entitled Accidental Pharisees: Avoiding Pride, Exclusivity, and the Other Dangers of Overzealous Faith.  Again, go to the widget to the right or click on this link if you want more information on how to buy it.

Another book I didn't mention but is a worthwhile read on where young evangelical teens are in their understanding of faith and its relevance to life (and I warn  you, it isn't a pretty picture) is Almost Christian: What the Faith of Our Teenagers is Telling the American Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment